I’m starting to get super excited as I’m off to the Netherlands tomorrow.The first 6 days is part of a university field trip, where will be staying near Utrecht and conducting research at four zoos- Burger, Amsterdam, Apenheul Primate Park and Rotterdam zoo. I’m most excited about Apenheul as it’s the first zoo where monkeys are free roaming. The next 5 days will be spent with my friends in Amsterdam!
As is customary for me when I go to a new place, I have made a mini bucket list of all of the things I need to do in Amsterdam/ Utrecht.
- Visit a coffee shop.
- See Anne Franks house.
- Chill out at Vondelpark.
- Go to Albert Cuypmarkt.
- Ride a bike in Amsterdam.
- Ride a bike from the hostel to Utrecht.
- Visit the Royal Palace.
- Have a drink in the Irish Pub.
- Go to the Red Light District.
- Have a boat ride along the canal.
- Have a night out in Amsterdam.
- Climb the Domtoren (Utrecht)
If there’s anything else anyone can recommend let me know! Can’t wait!